Tejaprana Resort & Spa
If you are looking for a good place to stay but is also good on your pocket, hunt for the newly built places because most of the time they have deals and offers fitted for your needs. Another tip, if you already found a place to stay on any booking sites, before finalizing your reservation try to look for the hotel’s name using google and compare the rates. Sometimes hotel’s rate is a little cheaper and some even offer packages or promos that other sites do not.
“Tejaprana Resort & Spa is snuggly nestled in the lush jungles of the Petanu river valley in Tegallalang, a mere 4 kilometers from the lively cultural town of Ubud. Designed by an award winning Balinese architect renown for his ability in creating serene spaces immersed with Balinese Taksu, or life quintessence, let Tejaprana Resort & Spa be your space to clear mind and spirit.” –Tejaprana
The hotel offers airport shuttle that would pick up guests form Ngurah Rai International Airport. Or use UBER, Grab or local taxi. The place is a 1.5 hour drive from the airport and costs around 1600 yen/ 15USD- Uber ride fare.Tejaprana is along the way to Tegalalang rice field, the sign is seen from the road along the craft shops. There is no question regarding the safety and security of the guests because the parkway is guarded 24 hours and cars getting inside are thoroughly checked.
On the reception area aside from smiles, guests are also welcomed with freshly squeezed lime juice and cold hand towel. For the guests coming-in before the check-in time, the hotel opens the Oja lounge for everyone who wants to relax or enjoy the various board games while waiting. Or have a drink / dine at the giant bamboo structure Aruna restaurant- with a breathtaking view of the resort and the jungle. Oja lounge also offers free coffee/ tea and few Balinese sweets for the guests to enjoy in the afternoon from 15:00～17:00.
From the moment you enter the hotel’s premises you will begin yet to embrace Balinese landscape. Tejaprana, is one of the best in Ubud not just because of its architectural design and its ground position but because of the exceptional Balinese hotel personnel who do their job with pride and dignity.
The resort has three types of 27 cozily furnished villas, each villa is equipped with gazebo, plunge pool and stone bathtub. Of all the villas, I think, the best are the villas with valley view. Though they also have lavish villas with two rooms, fully equipped kitchen and wider plunge pool.
The Valley View Villa
The room is located below the main building passing through lush of greens leading to a stunning dwelling place with a breathtaking view and ambiance. Tejaprana makes you really feel home away from home. First impression? I wanted to live there. The balinese food and fruits (especially the snake fruit), the people and the nature was to fall in love with. A personalized welcome letter form the manager and fruit platter is also served. The villa’s interior design and furniture were impressive and clean.
The view of the jungle surrounded by the chirps of the nature and the warmth of the sun as it breaks the dawn emulating inner peace and gratitude. Indeed a paradise on earth. How wonderful and mighty our creator is.
WHAT WE LOVED
- friendly and approachable staff (all the time)
- Complimentary massage for 15 minutes
- DELICIOUS Balinese food
- Ala-Carte breakfast (room service was superB)
- NO room service charge or very minimum if there is
- free afternoon coffee / tea and balinese sweets at the Oja lounge
- alluring infinity pool with jungle view
- room service and pool service were prompt
- clean and comfortable sheets, and bathroom
- gazebo and plunge pool kept tidy daily
- water supply provided daily
- toiletries are replenished every single day
- when rooms are cleaned, a guard man accompanies the housekeeper (ensures safety of belongings when guests are out)
- amazing view and villas!
- Highly recommended
- plunge pool at the villa’s gazebo was not heated
- despite of the insect repellent placed at the gazebo it is impossible to stay at the gazebo at night, mosquitoes will feast on you
- challenging place for those who panics with just a thought of insect or crawling reptiles. because they can be present anytime (I’ve seen green salamander while walking towards the room)
- very expensive airport shuttle (i think this applies everywhere)